The Masgutova Method® is a set of programs focused on the restoration and maturation of primary movements, reflexes, coordination systems, skills for optimal performance of natural mechanisms, developmental processes, brain functioning, and sensory-motor integration. You can read more about Reflexes and MNRI HERE.
Watch an overview of how MNRI works
The Mission of the Svetlana Masgutova Educational Institute (SMEI) is to provide health, wellness and educational professionals, parents, and caregivers with non-invasive techniques to address maturational, developmental, and life challenges.
Skin, our largest organ, forms the boundary between our physical being and the outside world. It also houses the NeuroTactile system, which allows the body to access NeuroTactile sensations from the outside world. The skin possesses eleven different NeuroTactile receptors to distinguish the broad array of NeuroTactile stimuli input encountered by the body. This set of NeuroTactile receptors helps to inform and prioritize incoming sensory information for the central nervous system to process. Once processed, the central nervous system directs the body’s actions in response to ever-changing NeuroTactile conditions. Due to congenital issues or trauma (in utero, at birth, or anytime after birth), NeuroTactile system challenges can result, causing any one of the following conditions.
The reactions of a person with either a hyper- or hypo-sensitive NeuroTactile systems, often seem bigger or smaller than normal conditions would dictate. Such disproportionate reactions are often an indication that an individual’s NeuroTactile system is not appropriately engaged and integrated. The MNRI NeuroTactile Integration program uses neuro-tactile techniques to stimulate different receptors in the skin, working to appropriately engage and integrate the NeuroTactile sensory system within the complete mind/body system. When the NeuroTactile system is integrated, the brain stem relaxes defensive reflexes, and opens the entire system to an experience of safety in which emotion and behavioral regulation improves and healthy motor, communication, and cognitive development can proceed.
Professionals, parents and caregivers interested in learning more about the MNRI Method and its various programs are encourage to attend this course early on, given the fundamental role it plays in emotional and behavioral regulation, and overall maturation and development. The NeuroTactile Integration course explores in great detail the physiology and psychology of the NeuroTactile system, the developmental effects of over- and under-sensitive receptors, and the importance of an appropriately integrated NeuroTactile system to the process of integrating all motor reflex movement and patterns.
The MNRI NeuroTactile Integration course explores:
Upon successful completion of the two-day, 16-hour NeuroTactile Integration course, participants will:
10. Demonstrate the ability to compare, contrast and differentiate between Subconscious somatic and visceral stimuli and gain an understanding of how stimuli variation influences learning, social/emotional and NeuroTactile development in challenged individuals
11. Describe research regarding the relationship between individuals with challenges and tactile integration
12. Demonstrate and explain the impact NeuroTactile integration can have on (1) emotional and behavioral regulation, (2) advancing maturational reflexes, (3) motor, communication and cognitive development, and (4) growth, learning and academic functioning throughout the lifespan
13. Describe how to implement MNRI neuro-stimulation techniques designed to assess, activate and integrate challenged NeuroTactile systems
14. Review, demonstrate, and apply an understanding of the four general MNRI NeuroTactile technique variations
15. Demonstrate how each activates, re-educates and integrates NeuroTactile receptors and the proprioceptive system
16. Describe the impact integration can have on improving function and learning
17. Demonstration and apply how to apply each of the four NeuroTactile technique variations, including lengthening and stretching, rotation, compression and traction, and deep pressure touch to:
a. Activate physiological and structural
connections between skin, muscles, tendons and bones
b. Alleviate the negative physical and psychological effects of sensory stimuli
c. Reduce stress at the physiological level, alleviating stress responses that would otherwise inhibit reflex integration required for core stabilization, improvement in joint mobility, range of motion and motor coordination
d. Demonstrate and apply additional NeuroTactile program techniques to:
i. Explain a kinesthetic sense of appendage length, size, and boundaries
ii. Provide an awareness of the sagital, axial and coronal planes of body coordination, coronal planes of body coordination and core integration
iii. Develop the clinical skills necessary to generate body awareness and enhance spatial skill development
18. Demonstrate for course instructor ability to appropriately apply all NeuroTactile integration techniques presented in class
19. Apply course knowledge to create and apply an individual MNRI program for clients with various challenges
20. Develop an individual MNRI program based on assessment results and targeted individual challenges
21. Explore with client family the potential impact the individualized program can have on supporting the integration of archetype motor movements, primary motor reflex patterns and other motor reflexes and body systems; body structure, posture, and motor maturation; motor, communication and cognitive learning abilities and emotional and behavioral regulation
22. Explore, evaluate and develop strategies to incorporate the use of the MNRI NeuroTactile Integration course content into daily client and home practice.
Hour 1-Movement as basis of Natural Development
Hours 2-3-- Masgutova Method® of Neruosensorimotor Reflex Integration and Archetype Movements
Hour 4-- Reflexes serve as the Neuro-Physiological Basis for Development of Infant Movements
Lunch 1 hour
Hours 5-6-- importance of skin development, structure, and functions
Hours 7-8-- importance of skin functioning and sensory motor integration
Hours 1-2-- Importance of exteroceptive and proprioceptive systems and the development of the RAS system
Hour 3-- NeuroTactile Integration procedures
Hour 4-- Characteristics of Human Auditory and Vestibular Systems and connections with the brainstem, nerve network and skin systems.
Lunch 1 hour
Hours 5-7-- role of receptors in neurophysiological bases of NeuroTactile sense development
Hour 8-- Benefits of NeuroTactile integration for optimal integration of reflexes, enhancement of the sensory integration system
Location: The Winstedt School, 1208 Upper Boon Keng Rd, Singapore 387312
Cost includes Lunch
Financial Disclosure: Pamela Curlee receives a stipend based upon an enrollment percentage.
Non-financial Disclosure: Pamela Curlee is co-owner of SMEI, however, she receives no profit from this ownership status. Income is only derived from her work at Courses, Family Conferences, Clinics and Administrative Duties.
No relevant relationship exists.
Course Disclosure: The Svetlana Masgutova Educational Institute has developed and patented a licensed technology trademarked as MNRI®. Because there are no other like-kind products available, course offerings will only cover information that pertains to the effective and safe use of the above-named products. This presentation will focus exclusively on MNRI® and will not include information on other similar or related products or services.
Special Needs Requests: If you require special accommodations, please notify SMEI at firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of registration so that needed accommodations can be made prior to the course.
Course Completion Requirements: This course is not approved for partial credit. Participants must attend the course in its entirety to receive continuing education units.
Speech Language Pathologists, Speech Language Pathologist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants, Nurses, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Educators, Psychologists, Physicians, Massage Therapists, Mental Health Counselors, Other Health Care Providers, Parents.
Courses are subject to cancellation due to lack of minimum required participants registered for the course within 21 days of the course start date. Full refunds will be issued if the course is canceled due to the low number of attendees.
We recommend that attendees who will be flying do not purchase their flight until after the 21 day window has elapsed to avoid a nonrefundable circumstance with the airline. SMEI is not liable for any ticket costs related to the course being canceled. SMEI is not liable for any costs related to transportation (airline tickets, train, taxi, etc) due to the cancellation of an event.
Participants who wish to transfer registration and payment to another
SMEI course may do so up to 21 days prior with no penalty. If within the
21 days, a 10% administration fee will be charged.
*Participant must have selected the course they wish to transfer to at the time of the request. All refunds will be held until the transfer course has been selected.
* A 2.5% transaction fee (processing fee) will be withheld on all refunds that were processed using credit card/Pay Pal. If a participant wishes the refund to be paid directly to their account via credit card/Pay Pal, the participant will be charged an additional 2.5% transaction fee (processing fee). Refund by check is available upon request. For questions contact us.
Course Hours: 16