The Masgutova Method® is a set of programs focused on the restoration and maturation of primary movements, reflexes, coordination systems, skills for optimal performance of natural mechanisms, developmental processes, brain functioning, and sensory-motor integration. The Masgutova Method® is oriented on the stimulation of reflex patterns in order to awaken natural, genetic motor resources, self-regenerating strength of motor memory and sensory-motor coherence. This achievement innately carries the implication of the fulfillment of all potentials within movement abilities and learning skills.
The Mission of the Svetlana Masgutova Educational Institute® Neuro-sensory-motor Reflex Integration, LLC is to provide children and adults reliable knowledge and safe tools for the use of natural, genetic motor resources to facilitate successful neuro-sensory-motor development and joyful learning.
The MNRI® Introduction to Reflex Integration two-day course provides the foundation for professionals to understand the importance of primary sensory-motor reflex pattern maturation, why a reflex might be poorly integrated, the impact a non-matured reflex can have, and how MNRI® techniques are designed to integrate these reflexes. Primary sensory-motor reflex patterns emerge along a predictable developmental continuum, with each successive reflex emerging to secure a child’s survival and protection as his system mature and advances. When adequately engaged, each reflex anchors neurologically more deeply a physiological, emotional and psychological sense of security, freeing an infant to focus on exploring, learning, and fully advancing through all stages of reflex maturation which are required for life skills. It is through this complete integration process that reflex patterns form the foundation for related sensory-motor developmental milestones (sitting up, crawling, walking, etc) for each of us to reach our full potential over time, anchoring emotional and behavioral regulation, and advancing motor, communication, and cognitive learning. Congenital disorders or traumatic events that occur in utero, at birth, or anytime after birth can interrupt the activation, maturation and integration of a primary sensory-motor reflex pattern. Depending upon the number of reflexes impacted and the maturational deficits of each impacted reflex, a broad spectrum of disorders and life challenges can occur.
This class has been called “The Missing Link” by many Occupational, Physical,
Speech and Massage Therapists, and Parents
The MNRI® Introduction to Reflex Integration course explores:
Upon successful completion of the 2-day, 16-hour MNRI® Introduction to Reflex Integration course participants will:
10. Analyze and define the Foot/Leg Reflex Patterns for Babinski, Foot Tendon Guard, Leg Cross Flexion-Extension, Automatic Gait and Bauer Crawling.
11. Demonstrate the effective integrative exercises for Babinski, Foot Tendon Guard, Leg Cross Flexion-Extension, Automatic Gait and Bauer Crawling.
12. Analyze and define the Core or Gross Motor Coordination Reflex Patterns for Spinal Galant, Spinal Perez, Trunk Extension, Bauer Crawling.
13. Demonstrate the effective integrative exercises for Spinal Galant, Spinal Perez, Trunk Extension, Bauer Crawling.
14. Analyze and define the Reflex Patterns for Trauma, Protection & Survival including Moro Embrace, Fear Paralysis, Hands Supporting
15. Demonstrate the effective integrative exercises for Moro Embrace, Fear Paralysis, Hands Supporting
16. Analyze and define the Reflex Patterns for Emotional Stability, Fear, and Depression including Bonding, Spinal Perez, Fear Paralysis, Moro, Trunk Extension, and Landau.
17. Demonstrate the effective integrative exercises for Bonding, Spinal Perez, Fear Paralysis, Moro, Trunk Extension, and Landau.
18. Demonstrate how these individual corrective programs can be used to enhance overall emotional, motivational, cognitive and motor challenges in a daily practice.
Financial Disclosure: Pamela Curlee receives a stipend based upon an enrollment percentage.
Non-financial Disclosure: Pamela Curlee is a Co-Owner of SMEI.
Course Disclosure: The Svetlana Masgutova Educational Institute has developed and patented a licensed technology trademarked as MNRI®. Because there are no other like-kind products available, course offerings will only cover information that pertains to the effective and safe use of the above-named products. This presentation will focus exclusively on MNRI® and will not include information on other similar or related products or services.
Special Needs Requests: If you require special accommodations, please notify SMEI at email@example.com at the time of registration so that needed accommodations can be made prior to the course.
Course Completion Requirements: This course is not approved for partial credit. Participants must attend the course in its entirety to receive continuing education units.
Speech Language Pathologists, Speech Language Pathologist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants, Nurses, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Educators, Psychologists, Physicians, Massage Therapists, Mental Health Counselors, Other Health Care Providers, Parents.
Courses are subject to cancellation due to lack of minimum required participants registered for the course within 10 days of the course start date. Full refunds will be issued if the course is canceled due to the low number of attendees.
Please reach out to the Local Area Coordinator listed to confirm that the course will be held prior to registering if within the 10 day window.
Course Hours: 16
CEUs: This course is offered for 1.6 ASHA CEUs
(Introductory level, Professional area)
This course is offered for 1.6 AOTA CEUs / 16 Contact Hours
(Introductory level; Occupational Therapy Process: Evaluation, Intervention)
CE Hours: This course is offered for 16 NCBTMB CE Hours
Welcome to the MasgutovaMethod.com website!