The Masgutova Method® is a set of programs focused on the restoration and maturation of primary movements, reflexes, coordination systems, skills for optimal performance of natural mechanisms, developmental processes, brain functioning, and sensory-motor integration. You can read more about Reflexes and MNRI HERE.
Watch an overview of how MNRI works
The Mission of the Svetlana Masgutova Educational Institute (SMEI) is to provide health, wellness and educational professionals, parents, and caregivers with non-invasive techniques to address maturational, developmental, and life challenges.
Learning, planning, and the development of inner control are some of the most important functions of the brain’s cortex. Successful development of these skills ultimately depends upon the physiological maturation of the brainstem (myelination of the extrapyramidal nerve net) through early movements and sensory motor integration, which lie at the foundation of human development. Movement, behavioral and learning challenges often result when reflex patterns do not develop properly, are immature, and/or are poorly integrated in comparison with typical patterns of development. In addition, primary reflex patterns may not function appropriately following significant life stressors and/or trauma that children and adults may experience. In fact, data collected from thousands of MNRI® assessments over the past 20 years demonstrate that as the number of non-integrated primary motor reflex patterns in neurotypical children increase, the number and severity of learning challenges correspondingly increases. This course explores the role reflexes play in developing higher order cognitive functions including focusing, long-term memory, rational thinking, planning, academic learning and decision-making. Understanding this connection, combined with the knowledge of MNRI® techniques for re-patterning and integrating dysfunctional or poorly integrated reflexes, can help children and adults move closer to reaching their fullest learning potentials and social/emotional growth.
MNRI® Reflex Integration: Maximizing BrainPotentials course explores:
Learning Objectives: MNRI Reflex Integration: Maximizing Brain Potential
10. Analyze the impact integration (vs delayed maturation) of each reflex can have on learning skills, including motor skills, communication skills, cognitive development, emotional and behavioral regulation and general over-all academic achievement.
11. Apply and practice direct hands-on training designed to activate and integrate each of the 13 reflexes introduced in this class.
12. Describe the specific MNRI® techniques used in dealing with unique and challenging situations in the classroom as well as specific techniques for working with children and adults diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Genetic Disorders, Anxiety, PTSD, and other challenges.
13. Explore how to use the knowledge received in this class in large and small group situations as well as on an individual basis.
14. Describe strategies on how to incorporate the techniques learned in this course for use in developing a plan of care and specific home programs.
15. Apply and practice hands-on training provided for each of the eight archetypal movements Described in this course.
16. Apply and practice hands-on training provided for the following reflexes: Robinson Hands Grasp, Pyramid Finger Activation, Sequential Fingers Opening and Closing, Hands Supporting, Foot Tendon Guard, Automatic Gait, Bauer Crawling, Asymmetrical Tonic Neck Reflex, Spinal Galant, Symmetrical Tonic Neck Reflex, Bonding, Fear Paralysis, Eye Tracking.
Hour 1-- Movement as basis of Natural Development of a person
Hours 2-3--Masgutova Method® of Neruosensorimotor Reflex Integration
Hour 4--Reflex integration links involved in the development of overall learning skills.
Lunch 1 hour
Hours 5-6--Bauer Crawling and Automatic Gait reflexes
Hour 7--The Pavlov Orientation Reflex and motivation to learn within a classroom
Hour 1--Spinal Galant Reflex Pattern
Hours 2-3-- Asymmetric Tonic Neck Reflex and Symmetric Tonic Neck Reflex
Hour 4--Robinson Hands Grasp and Sequential Fingers opening reflexes.
Lunch 1 hour
Hour 5-- Bonding reflex
Hour 6-- Developing an individual MNRI program
Hour 7--Techniques review and activities incorporating MNRI techniques.
Heritage Family School. 310 Smokehouse Rd. Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Financial Disclosure: Tina Marks receives a stipend based upon an enrollment percentage.
Non-financial Disclosure: No relevant relationship exists.
No relevant relationship exists.
Course Disclosure: The Svetlana Masgutova Educational Institute has developed and patented a licensed technology trademarked as MNRI®. Because there are no other like-kind products available, course offerings will only cover information that pertains to the effective and safe use of the above-named products. This presentation will focus exclusively on MNRI® and will not include information on other similar or related products or services.
Special Needs Requests: If you require special accommodations, please notify SMEI at firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of registration so that needed accommodations can be made prior to the course.
Course Completion Requirements: This course is not approved for partial credit. Participants must attend the course in its entirety to receive continuing education units.
Speech Language Pathologists, Speech Language Pathologist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants, Nurses, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Educators, Psychologists, Physicians, Massage Therapists, Mental Health Counselors, Other Health Care Providers, Parents.
Courses are subject to cancellation due to lack of minimum required participants registered for the course within 21 days of the course start date. Full refunds will be issued if the course is canceled due to the low number of attendees.
We recommend that attendees who will be flying do not purchase their flight until after the 21 day window has elapsed to avoid a nonrefundable circumstance with the airline. SMEI is not liable for any ticket costs related to the course being canceled. SMEI is not liable for any costs related to transportation (airline tickets, train, taxi, etc) due to the cancellation of an event.
Participants who wish to transfer registration and payment to another
SMEI course may do so up to 21 days prior with no penalty. If within the
21 days, a 10% administration fee will be charged.
*Participant must have selected the course they wish to transfer to at the time of the request. All refunds will be held until the transfer course has been selected.
* A 2.5% transaction fee (processing fee) will be withheld on all refunds that were processed using credit card/Pay Pal. If a participant wishes the refund to be paid directly to their account via credit card/Pay Pal, Pay Pal may also charge the participant an additional 2.5% transaction fee (processing fee). Refund by check is available upon request. For questions contact us.
Course Hours: 14
CEUs: This course is offered for 1.4 ASHA CEUs
(Introductory level, Professional area)
This course is offered for 1.4 AOTA CEUs / 14 Contact Hours
(Introductory; Occupational Therapy Process: Evaluation, Intervention)
CE Hours: This course is offered for 14 NCBTMB CE Hours