Course Hours: 5
The Masgutova Method® is a set of programs focused on the restoration and maturation of primary movements, reflexes, coordination systems, skills for optimal performance of natural mechanisms, developmental processes, brain functioning, and sensory-motor integration. You can read more about Reflexes and MNRI HERE.
Watch an overview of how MNRI works
The Mission of the Svetlana Masgutova Educational Institute (SMEI) is to provide health, wellness and educational professionals, parents, and caregivers with non-invasive techniques to address maturational, developmental, and life challenges.
MNRI Workshop for Parents
Part 3 of 5
Learning, planning, and the development of inner control are some of the most important functions of the brain and are the basis of successful learning. The development of self regulation, language and academic skills depends on the appropriate development of the brainstem and sensorimotor integration. The early movements, primary motor and reflex patterns offered in this workshop are the foundation of human development. Successful formation of these abilities ultimately depends upon the physiological maturation of the brainstem (extrapyramidal nerve net) for movement, behavioral and learning.
Challenges often result when reflex patterns do not develop properly, are immature, and/or are poorly integrated in comparison with typical patterns of development. In addition, primary reflex patterns may not function appropriately following significant life stressors and/or trauma that children and adults may experience. Data collected from thousands of MNRI sessions over the past 20 years has demonstrated that as the number of non-integrated primary motor reflex patterns in neurotypical children increase, a correlation in the number and severity of learning challenges becomes apparent.
This MNRI Parent workshop explores the role primary movements and reflexes play in developing higher cognitive functions, motor and communication skills.
MNRI Workshop for Parents explores:
• The theoretical and physiological basis of the MNRI Method and the role primary sensori-motor reflex integration plays in learning
• The progression of primary skills necessary for optimal learning and self regulation
• MNRI techniques designed to re-pattern and integrate specific reflex patterns
• Ways to create MNRI reflex integration programs for children
• Ways to incorporate this program into daily home practice.
Upon successful completion of the 8 hours for the MNRI Workshop for Parents, participants will:
1. Understand how the Masgutova Neurosensorimotor Reflex Integration (MNRI ") method is based on activation of the innate nature of the sensorimotor reflex system to increase self-regulation
2. Comprehend how the primary motor patterns as the first biomechanics of development of all movements can create or restore healthy neurosensorimotor integration of reflex patterns, motor coordination, and skills affecting cognitive, emotional and physical functioning as well as neurodevelopment overall.
3. Explore the maturational role that the primary sensory- motor reflexes play in the formation of specific academics and social skill sets that affect self-regulation.
4. Recognize how the lack of consistent development of primary sensory-motor reflexes impact the development of positive learning, behavioral, and social skills.
5. Explore the specific MNRI techniques used for working with children and adults diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, Dyspraxia, Anxiety, and other challenges.
6. Demonstrate how the MNRI® reflex patterns can be used to increase listening skills and focus, safety for boundaries for safety, handwriting, spatial awareness, increased language and cognitive skills, as well as the reduction of stress.
7. Explore how to use the knowledge received in this workshop on an individual basis.
8. Apply and practice specific MNRI® hands-on training provided for specific reflex patterns.
Hour 1: Background information of reflexes and MNRI®
Hours 2-5: MNRI® Techniques: Explanation, Demonstration, Practice
Course Hours: 5
Please note: Class pace will be slow and include time for what the instructor says to be translated to Arabic in small increments throughout the entire class.
Financial Disclosure: Diane Whiteside receives a stipend based upon an enrollment percentage.
Non-financial Disclosure: No relevant relationship exists.
No relevant relationship exists.
Course Disclosure: The Svetlana Masgutova Educational Institute has developed and patented a licensed technology trademarked as MNRI®. Because there are no other like-kind products available, course offerings will only cover information that pertains to the effective and safe use of the above-named products. This presentation will focus exclusively on MNRI® and will not include information on other similar or related products or services.
Special Needs Requests: If you require special accommodations, please notify SMEI at email@example.com at the time of registration so that needed accommodations can be made prior to the course.
Course Completion Requirements: Full attendance is required to receive a certificate of completion and any available credit hours or CEUs.
Speech Language Pathologists, Speech Language Pathologist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants, Nurses, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Educators, Psychologists, Physicians, Massage Therapists, Mental Health Counselors, Other Health Care Providers, Parents.
Online courses are subject to cancellation due to lack of minimum required participants registered for the course within 2 days of the course start date. Full refunds will be issued if the course is canceled due to the low number of attendees.
Participants who wish to transfer registration and payment to another
SMEI course may do so up to 5 days prior with no penalty. If within the
5 days, a 10% administration fee will be charged.
*Participant must have selected the course they wish to transfer to at the time of the request. All refunds will be held until the transfer course has been selected.
* A 2.5% transaction fee (processing fee) will be withheld on all refunds that were processed using credit card/PayPal. If a participant wishes the refund to be paid directly to their account via credit card/PayPal, PayPal may also charge the participant an additional 2.5% transaction fee (processing fee). Refund by check is available upon request. For questions contact us.