Course Hours: 32
The Masgutova Method® is a set of programs focused on the restoration and maturation of primary movements, reflexes, coordination systems, skills for optimal performance of natural mechanisms, developmental processes, brain functioning, and sensory-motor integration. You can read more about Reflexes and MNRI HERE.
Watch an overview of how MNRI works
The Mission of the Svetlana Masgutova Educational Institute (SMEI) is to provide health, wellness and educational professionals, parents, and caregivers with non-invasive techniques to address maturational, developmental, and life challenges.
MNRI® IPET NeuroTactile Integration
Skin, our largest organ, forms the boundary between our physical being and the outside world. It also houses the NeuroTactile system, which allows the body to access NeuroTactile sensations from the outside world. The skin possesses eleven different NeuroTactile receptors to distinguish the broad array of NeuroTactile stimuli input encountered by the body. This set of NeuroTactile receptors helps to inform and prioritize incoming sensory information for the central nervous system to process. Once processed, the central nervous system directs the body’s actions in response to ever-changing NeuroTactile conditions. Due to congenital issues or trauma (in utero, at birth, or anytime after birth), NeuroTactile system challenges can result, causing any one of the following conditions.
The reactions of a person with either a hyper- or hypo-sensitive NeuroTactile systems, often seem bigger or smaller than normal conditions would dictate. Such disproportionate reactions are often an indication that an individual’s NeuroTactile system is not appropriately engaged and integrated. The MNRI NeuroTactile Integration program uses neuro-tactile techniques to stimulate different receptors in the skin, working to appropriately engage and integrate the NeuroTactile sensory system within the complete mind/body system. When the NeuroTactile system is integrated, the brain stem relaxes defensive reflexes and opens the entire system to an experience of safety in which emotion and behavioral regulation improve and healthy motor, communication, and cognitive development can proceed.
The IPET MNRI® NeuroTactile Reflex Integration(IPET MNRI® NTI) continues the basis and principles of the previous program the MNRI® NeuroTactile Reflex Integration (Level 1) and continues many advances in concepts of the integration of the tactile system, practical procedures, and techniques. This program consists of theoretical background and practical procedures. It is interactive and includes exams to assure the quality of both theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
1. Explore and explain in depth the Masgutova Neurosensorimotor Reflex Integration SM (MNRI) Method
a. The innate nature of the motor reflex system
b. The role of a reflex and its sensory, motor, and central nervous system mechanisms
c. When, why, and how the brain engages in protection versus learning and development
d. The role NeuroTactile integration plays in motor reflex integration and advanced learning
2. Explore and explain the neuro-physiological and psychological dynamics of the NeuroTactile sensory system
a. Learn to identify, explain and classify
• Types of neurons and divisions found within the skin, while exploring how the nervous system functions
as a whole to control and coodinate the body systems
• The seven types of sensory cells found in the peripheral and central nervous systems and the role each
plays in processing sensory stimuli and establishing an individual's relationship to self, others and the
b. Discuss, compare, contrast and differentiate between
• Conscious and subconscious somatic and specialized senses and how each impacts learning in various settings and social situations
• Subconscious somatic and visceral stimuli and gain an understanding of how stimuli variation influences learning, social/emotional and NeuroTactile development in challenged individuals
c. Review and discuss research regarding the relationship between individuals with challenges and NeuroTactile integration
d. Learn and explain in depth the impact NeuroTactile integration can have on (1) emotional and behavioral regulation,
(2) advancing maturational reflexes, (3) motor, communication and cognitive development, and (4) growth, learning and
academic functioning throughout the lifespan
3. Demonstrate and implement the MNRI neuro-stimulation techniques designed to assess, activate and integrate challenged
a. Review, discuss, and gain an understanding of the four general MNRI NEuroTactile technique variations
• How each activates, re-educates and integrates NeuroTactile receptors and the proprioceptive system
• The impact integration can have on improving function and learning
b. Demonstrate and apply each of the four NeuroTactile technique variations, including lengthening and stretching, rotation,
compression and traction, and deep pressure touch to:
• Activate physiological and structural connections between skin, muscles, tendons and bones
•Alleviate the negative physical and psychological effects of sensory stimuli
• Reduce stress at the physiological level, alleviating stress responses that would otherwise inhibit reflex integration
required for core stabilization, improvement in joint mobility, range of motion and motor coordination
c. Demonstrate and apply additional NeuroTactile program techniques to:
• Provide a kinesthetic sense of appendage length, size, and boundaries
• Provide an awareness of the sagital, axial and coronal planes of body coordination, coronal planes of body
coordination and core integration
• Develop the clinical skills necessary to generate body awareness and enhance spatial skill development
d. Demonstrate for course instructor an excellent ability to apply all NeuroTactile integration techniques presented in class
4. Create and apply with ease an individual MNRI program for clients with various challenges
a. Develop an individual MNRI program based on assessment results and targeted individual challenges
b. Explore with client family the potential impact the individualized program can have on
• Supporting the integration of archetype motor movements, prmary motor reflex patterns and other motor reflexes
and body systems
• Body structure, posture, and motor maturation
• Motor, communication and cognitive learning abilities and emotional and behavioral regulation
5. Explore, evaluate and develop strategies to incorporate the use of the MNRI NeuroTactile Integration course content into
daily client and home practice.
6. Succussfully pass the final hands on exam
Credit Hours: 32
All IPETS include:
1. Written test before class
2. Hands-On Exam during iPET class
3. Practical Hands-On Graded Exam following 64 conference hours
Financial Disclosure: Pamela Curlee receives a stipend based upon an enrollment percentage.
Non-financial Disclosure: Pamela Curlee is co-owner of SMEI, however, she receives no profit from this ownership status. Income is only derived from her work at Courses, Family Conferences, Clinics and Administrative Duties.
Course Disclosure: The Svetlana Masgutova Educational Institute has developed and patented a licensed technology trademarked as MNRI®. Because there are no other like-kind products available, course offerings will only cover information that pertains to the effective and safe use of the above-named products. This presentation will focus exclusively on MNRI® and will not include information on other similar or related products or services.
Special Needs Requests: If you require special accommodations, please notify SMEI at email@example.com at the time of registration so that needed accommodations can be made prior to the course.
Course Completion Requirements: Full attendance is required to receive a certificate of completion and any available credit hours or CEUs.
Speech Language Pathologists, Speech Language Pathologist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants, Nurses, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Educators, Psychologists, Physicians, Massage Therapists, Mental Health Counselors, Other Health Care Providers, Parents.
Courses are subject to cancellation due to lack of minimum required participants registered for the course within 10 days of the course start date. Full refunds (or transfer of funds to online account for future use) will be issued if the course is canceled due to the low number of attendees.
We recommend that attendees who will be flying do not purchase their flight until after the 10 day window has elapsed to avoid a nonrefundable circumstance with the airline. SMEI is not liable for any ticket costs related to the course being canceled. SMEI is not liable for any costs related to transportation (airline tickets, train, taxi, etc) due to the cancellation of an event.
Once a student has downloaded the manual or any course resources, payment for this course can be transferred to a different time and location of the same course; however NO REFUNDS and NO TRANSFERS TO A DIFFERENT COURSE are allowed, even if the course is cancelled by the LAC or Instructor.
Participants who wish to transfer registration and payment to another
SMEI course may do so.
*Participant must have selected the course they wish to transfer to at the time of the request. All refunds will be held until the transfer course has been selected.
* A 2.5% transaction fee (processing fee) will be withheld on all refunds that were processed using credit card/PayPal. If a participant wishes the refund to be paid directly to their account via credit card/PayPal, PayPal may also charge the participant an additional 2.5% transaction fee (processing fee). Refund by check is available upon request. For questions contact us.