CEUs: This course is offered for 2.4 ASHA CEUs
(Introductory level, Professional area)
This course is offered for 2.4 AOTA CEUs / 24 Contact Hours
(Introductory; Occupational Therapy Process: Evaluation, Intervention)
CE Hours: This course is offered for 24 NCBTMB CE Hours
The Masgutova Method® is a set of programs focused on the restoration and maturation of primary movements, reflexes, coordination systems, skills for optimal performance of natural mechanisms, developmental processes, brain functioning, and sensory-motor integration. You can read more about Reflexes and MNRI HERE.
Watch an overview of how MNRI works
The Mission of the Svetlana Masgutova Educational Institute (SMEI) is to provide health, wellness and educational professionals, parents, and caregivers with non-invasive techniques to address maturational, developmental, and life challenges.
Archetype Movement Program techniques work to activate and engage archetype movements that, for various reasons, have remained dormant in the body. Archetype movements, less complex in nature than motor reflex patterns or schemes, are among the first reflexive movements to develop and emerge. Once engaged, archetype movements remain present and active in the body, allowing normal range and flexibility of motion while providing support, balance, and stability for the upper and lower, left and right, and front and back parts of the body. Archetype motor movements also play a subordinate role in the maturation and integration of progressively more complex reflexes, including primary motor reflex patterns, motor reflex schemes, and the development of learned motor skills. If an archetype movement is not appropriately engaged, its impact can be great given the subordinate role it plays in maturation and development. We encourage parents and professionals interested in learning more about the MNRI Method and its various programs to attend this course early on, given the fundamental role it plays in overall development.
The MNRI® Archetype Movement Integration course explores:
Learning Objectives: MNRI® Archetype Movement Integration
1. Discuss the innate nature of the sensory-motor reflex system and the general principles of the Masgutova Method®.
2. Explain the role of a reflex and its sensory, motor, and central nervous system mechanisms for neurodevelopment.
3. Differentiate the progression of primary movements beginning in utero and continuing through life.
4. Summarize the role the Archetype movements play in establishing a foundation for motor, cognitive, emotional, and behavioral regulation.
5. Discuss (or Explain) the structure, pattern, and effect on brain functioning of the eight Archetype motor patterns, as well as their effect as change agents on the physical, emotional, social, and cognitive development of the client.
6. Describe and implement the MNRI® Archetype passive and active integration techniques.
7. Apply direct, hands-on instruction of the restoration and integration exercises, including sensory, sensory-motor, and motor modality for each of the eight archetypal movements.
8. Discuss the three body structural planes and motor coordination systems (MCS; sagittal, horizontal, and dorsal) and how the eight archetypal movements affect the specific reflex development in each MCS.
9. Explain different techniques for creating an individual program for clients and home practice activities by incorporating the eight archetypal movements.
Hour 1: Movement as basis of Natural Development
Hours 2-3: Masgutova Method ® of Neurosensorimotor Reflex Integration and Archetype Movements
Hour 4: Primary and natural movements; the Archetypes of movement development
Hours 5-6: Developmental mechanism of Infant Reflexes and connection to the self-regulation of the body-mind system
Hours 7-8: Archetype Movements, patterns and reflexes
Hours 9-11: Movements of the body
Hours 12: Natural flow of intentional and controlled movements
Hours 13-14: Individua program development
Hours 15-19: Archetype Movement and Infant Reflex Patterns
Hours 20-21: Archetype Movements and the development of lifelong reflexes
Hours 22-24: Current research, review, and question/answers
Financial Disclosure: Summer Shepstone receives a stipend based upon an enrollment percentage.
Non-financial Disclosure: No relevant relationship exists.
Course Disclosure: The Svetlana Masgutova Educational Institute has developed and patented a licensed technology trademarked as MNRI®. Because there are no other like-kind products available, course offerings will only cover information that pertains to the effective and safe use of the above-named products. This presentation will focus exclusively on MNRI® and will not include information on other similar or related products or services.
Special Needs Requests: If you require special accommodations, please notify SMEI at firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of registration so that needed accommodations can be made prior to the course.
Course Completion Requirements: Full attendance is required to receive a certificate of completion and any available credit hours or CEUs.
Speech Language Pathologists, Speech Language Pathologist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants, Nurses, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Educators, Psychologists, Physicians, Massage Therapists, Mental Health Counselors, Other Health Care Providers, Parents.
In Person Courses: Self Assessment and technique demonstration.
On line Courses: Self Assessment and technique demonstration.
Courses are subject to cancellation due to lack of minimum required participants registered for the course within 10 days of the course start date. Full refunds (or transfer of funds to online account for future use) will be issued if the course is canceled due to the low number of attendees.
We recommend that attendees who will be flying do not purchase their flight until after the 10 day window has elapsed to avoid a nonrefundable circumstance with the airline. SMEI is not liable for any ticket costs related to the course being canceled. SMEI is not liable for any costs related to transportation (airline tickets, train, taxi, etc) due to the cancellation of an event.
Once a student has downloaded the manual or any course resources, payment for this course can be transferred to a different time and location of the same course; however NO REFUNDS and NO TRANSFERS TO A DIFFERENT COURSE are allowed, even if the course is cancelled by the LAC or Instructor.
Participants who wish to transfer registration and payment to another
SMEI course may do so.
*Participant must have selected the course they wish to transfer to at the time of the request. All refunds will be held until the transfer course has been selected.
* A 2.5% transaction fee (processing fee) will be withheld on all refunds that were processed using credit card/PayPal. If a participant wishes the refund to be paid directly to their account via credit card/PayPal, PayPal may also charge the participant an additional 2.5% transaction fee (processing fee). Refund by check is available upon request. For questions contact us.